1 lb. top round beef
1 tablespoon paprika
1-1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
8 red-skinned potatoes, halved
3 cups finely chopped onion
2 cups beef broth
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 large carrots, peeled, cut into very thin 2-1/2-inch strips
2 bunches mustard greens, kale, or turnip greens, stems removed, (1/2 lb. each) coarsely torn
nonstick spray coating (as needed)
1. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8″ thick and 3″ wide.
2. Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
3. Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
4. Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
5. Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.
This meal contains 359.9 calories, 11.2g of fat, 20.8g of carbs, 11.2g of fiber and 43.7g of protein