Bulking for Ectomorphs
As stated in a previous article by Matt Karstetter, “Ectomorphs find it very hard to gain weight. They have a fast metabolism which burns up calories very quickly. Ectomorph’s need a large amount of calories in order to gain weight. Workouts should be short and intense focusing on big muscle groups.”
So what exactly does this mean for the Ectomorph? An Ectomorph myself, as evidenced by my near bantamweight conditioning, I can help shed some light on how to overcome these obstacles.
- Determine your maintenance calories by multiplying your weight by 15. Then add 500 to determine where you should start. Eg. Someone weighing 150lbs should start at about 2750 calories per day. (150×15) + 500.
- If you stall, slowly increase your calories weekly.
- Keep your macro ratios to 50:30:20 (Carbs:Protein:Fat). Keep it clean! Don’t fill this ratios with garbage calories from junk food. Not all calories are created equal!
- 4. Eat 6-8 meals per day and don’t be afraid to consume a lot of your carbs around your workout.
- 5. Be sure to include plenty of fruit and veggies – though not calorically dense they provide a lot of vitamins and minerals that keep you healthy and support growth.
- Train BRIEFLY but INTENSELY! Train large muscle groups but don’t over train. Trust me – an Ectomorphic body will not benefit from a chest workout that includes flat bench, incline, decline, and flys.
- Aim for 3-4 sets at 4-8 reps for each exercise.
- Utilize key compound lifts and alternate push and pull days.
- Get PLENTYof REST. Rest is key for your body type. Be intense with your training but allow enough time to recover. Take every third day off, 2 days off in a row won’t hurt either.
2011 ABA Natural Illinois Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure Championships
2nd Place Novice Short Class
3rd Place Open Short Class
2011 NGA Heart of America Natural Classic
1st Place Novice Lightweight
1st Place Open Lightweight
1st Place OVERALL NOVICE
2011 NANBF Probody Solutions Natural
1st Place Open Short Class
2011 NGA Titan Classic
OVERALL OPEN MEN WINNER – PRO CARD AWARDED
Jon-Carlo Astorina is a Team JBT Athlete
See More: http://www.nationalgym.com/
JC was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. He now resides in Bloomington, IL and works as a private detective for a prominaent PI firm out of Chicago. JC studied Criminal Justice at Illinois State University. He is married with four children. Besides his family, JC’s greatest passion in life is bodybuilding and fitness – a hobby he picked up in college.
JC has been bodybuilding for roughly four years and started competing in 2011. He has a short but impressive competitive resume. To date he has competed in four drug tested bodybuilding competitions, earning his Pro Card at his last competition. He is recognized as a Professional Natural Bodybuilder by the National Gym Association (NGA).
Incoming search terms:
- ectomorph bodybuilder
- bulking for ectomorphs
- ectomorph bulking tips
- endomorpher bodybuilder
- ectomorph bulking
- german volume training for ectomorphs
- german volume training ectomorph
- bodybuilding tips for ectomorph
- bulking ectomorph
- big muscle groups for ectomorphs